We often field questions about the effectiveness of programs such as Cogmed, Brain Balance, LearningRx, etc. It is important to understand the history and research regarding these programs before making a decision to commit time and financial resources.
- Research on brain training programs
- LearningRx to pay settlement for false claims
- Cutting Edge’ Program For Children With Autism and ADHD Rests On Razor-Thin Evidence
Contrary to previous findings, a recent study has shown that there is no good evidence that working memory training improves intelligence test scores or other measures of ”real-world” cognitive skills.
Tech: “Reading the situation: The relationship between dyslexia and situational awareness for road sign information.”
- The results of this study showed that novice drivers with dyslexia had a “perceptual lag” while processing road signs, which suggests that novice, dyslexic drivers might be more prone to driving accidents because it takes dyslexics drivers more time to process the road sign’s signal.
New autism diagnoses shifting toward mild end of spectrum.
- The researchers saw shifts in severity across all types of autism features, including social difficulties, communication problems, restricted interests and repetitive behaviors. These shifts did not vary significantly by the age or sex of the individuals.
ADHD and Exercise: Studies show that even half an hour a day can help kids function better and feel better.